Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Photography 101

This blog seems to be taking the turn to photography only and I apologize for that, I haven't exactly had a mad rush of design jobs coming my way!! Much of my days is spent around the house, forcing myself to do housework and entering application after application after application in hopes of finding a "real" job! Mind you I have applied for fifty-seven jobs as of this morning and have been called back for only ONE interview.... how that is even possible I don't know. I spent a while this morning making phone calls to follow up but it seems everyone is screening their calls today. Just my luck.

Anyway, enough about that.... I am a member of an online group called Digital Photography School. Every week they have assignments, and every week they choose one winner and two runner ups which are featured on the blog. They have a ton of information, activities and critiques all aimed at improving your photography skills. This weeks assignment is "Natural Framing". Natural framing includes borders, nature paths, windows, etc... anything that may setup a nice natural frame outline for the focus of the subject. The photograph entered into the weekly assignment has to be taken within a specific date range and unfortunately, I don't have one.... yet. However, to give an example, I pulled one from the past. This is a picture of my (beautiful) daughter, the natural framing being the window of her little house. Maybe before tomorrow I will be able to shoot a picture with natural framing to enter into the assignment, otherwise, there's always next week.



Happy Tuesday everyone, enjoy your day.

No comments: