Monday, June 9, 2008

Millard Tornado 2008

Jeff and I have always wanted to see a tornado, I know, crazy... but I think it's an adrenaline rush thing. Well, we had our chance and missed it by about 3 minutes and half a mile. Honestly, we are thanking our lucky stars that it went where it did, it was right between our brothers houses and a little one way or the other and one of them would have had the wake up call from hell! Here's a few images I took the following day. The first is our "damage" which is nothing compared to what others in Millard have experienced. But for us, this is what we got and actually, it's quite a pile, the picture doesn't do it justice.



The next image is of the Mackey Grain Elevator and the shambles it remained.



This image is the car wash near Q steet in downtown Millard. The roof is completely gone and honestly, I didn't see any pieces of it. Who knows where they ended up!



Finally, my personal favorite (I'll explain!). This is the carwash on Highway 50, it was built about one year earlier. If you will notice on the second image, there is a sign on the left hand side of the picture. The sign reads: "New Car Wash 5 Blocks South of Harrison on Highway 50". The funny thing to me is all the debree is the roof of the new car wash. It's just ironic that the tornado rips apart the carwash and scatters it's pieces next to the little metal sign advertising it.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to call, but I must have the wrong # in my phone. I am so glad to hear that you are all safe, and no major damage.

Your blog looks great, love the photos!