Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Multi-Purpose Post

This past weekend was chock full of good fun: we celebrated my moms birthday on Saturday and went to a local car show with the family on Sunday. Hopefully, by the end of this week, I will have had time to work on posting more images but for now, you get my multi-purpose post.

Purpose #1: My assignment entry for DPS
(Yes, I actually made it in before the deadline!)

Purpose #2: A before and after showing the work I put into my images.

Purpose #3: A sneak peak from this weekends activities


This weeks assignment for DPS was Auto Mode. Me and "Auto" are good friends, I haven't mustered up the courage to stray very far, but nobody has complained yet. I decided to show a before and after image of my Goddaughter, E. The image on the left is taken in Auto mode and uploaded straight from the camera (no enhancing). The image on the right, I put a little work into: brightened the colors, rotated the image a bit, etc... Either way she's a doll, but she really "pops" in the second image.



I love to see how a good image can turn into something great with just a little work. I love taking pictures, not only do you have to have an eye for capturing the image but you have to have the talent to take it all the way. Every image I take gives me a little more practice and makes me that much better for the next.

No comments: