Monday, August 11, 2008

I have been a bit busy the past few weeks so I have kind of slacked off but I hope to get a schedule down again and start posting more regularly. Life has been a bit hectic to say the least!

A few weeks ago, DPS had an assignment called X-tych. An X-tych is a multifaceted image formed into a single multipaneled image. It could be a diptych (2 images), triptych (3 images), quadtych (4 images), you get the picture, right? Anyway, the individual images create a story by how they relate to one another. I unfortunately missed the assignment (hence the chaotic week) but wanted to put one together anyway. My example is a quadtych - 4 images. My daughter, L, was playing in the sprinklers and the water created a nice pool of mud. She decided to go swimming. Jeff made the comment that this is what summer is about, just being a kid with no cares in the world. She was having the time of her life playing in that mud. He's right, that's what summertime is about for a kid: letting loose and having fun.



We should all learn swim in the mud sometimes!

No comments: