Monday, July 13, 2009

Tattoo

One of my favorite things is designing (and getting) tattoos. It is extremely challenging because I try to encompass the entire person, their life and the meaning into the tattoo. This is going to go to the grave with this person, most likely, so it has to look good. It's interesting because even though I design the initial concept, the tattoo artist will still add their personal talent to the design, the tattoo artist easily can make or break a design.

Jeff got tattoo number five this past weekend. He has been itching to get one, and had a gift certificate burning a hole in his pocket. He had the idea but I was the one required to bring it to life. I began working on it Friday evening, we made some adjustments to it on Saturday morning and that night, it was done. Dr. Jacks in Millard has an incredible staff, Jay is the one who did this tattoo, he has amazing talent. At the left, is the initial artwork that was provided to Jay, and obviously, at the right is the final product.



My husband and I are Jimmy Buffet fans, if you look at the time on the watch it is set to 5pm. The globe in the middle of the face represents "somewhere"... No matter where Jeff may be, it's always "5 o'clock somewhere...."

My only problem with tattoos is the addiction. Many people have said before once you get one, you can't stop - so very true... I would love to get another but I haven't found anything I have to have, much less a very desirable spot to put it quite yet. It's a work in progress I suppose... I've got time.

No comments: